Our in-depth focus on the financial services industry, and our thorough understanding of the specific business needs and expectations of our clients, makes the firm’s Corporate & Transactional practice unique among other transactional law firms. Our insight into the legal, regulatory and business environments in which our clients operate gives us the ability to successfully structure, negotiate and document a wide range of transactions that are essential to the development and growth of our clients and the realization of their business objectives.
We provide a comprehensive range of transactional services to mortgage lenders, servicers and brokers, financial institutions, Wall Street investment houses and other secondary market investors, insurance companies and agents, real estate brokers, homebuilders, and various other settlement service providers.
We advise clients in all phases of their formation, operation, growth, sale and, if appropriate, dissolution. Our lawyers have extensive experience in:
- Structuring, negotiating and documenting mergers and acquisition, asset and stock transactions, and branch, platform and whole company acquisitions and dispositions.
- Performing comprehensive due diligence reviews and obtaining the regulatory approvals required in stock and asset transactions.
- Creating and negotiating warehouse lines of credit, term loans, and revolving credit facilities.
- Purchasing and selling whole loans on a broker, correspondent and wholesale basis, and purchasing and selling servicing rights on a flow, concurrent funding and bulk basis.
- Negotiating and drafting servicing and sub-servicing agreements.
- Analyzing private-label origination and servicing agreements, contract processing and underwriting agreements, software licensing agreements, and marketing, lead sale, desk rental and affinity agreements.
- Structuring affiliated business arrangements and other joint ventures between homebuilders, real estate brokers, title companies, lenders and other settlement service providers.
- Creating net branch arrangements, executive employment agreements, and non-competition and confidentiality agreements.
- Determining the proper legal structure for start-up ventures, forming corporations, limited liability companies and partnerships, and drafting the documentation related to their organization and management, including shareholder and operating agreements.